Wednesday, November 5, 2008

Cheyenne, Wyoming





Cheyenne, Wyoming the smallest state populace of any other state. Known as the "Cowboy State" for the prevalence of rodeos here. When we got to Wyoming we had just driven through hours of farmland, and when I got my allocation sheet, I couldn't believe it. I was roomed with four other girls from the cast and our host moms were nuns. I'd never been around nuns before, and had no idea what to expect, so when Sister Ruth Ann showed up in her habit I thought of the Sound of Music. After going home, I found out that they almost never wear thier habits, and that she did so only to pick us up. The last picture here is a picture of me with Sisters Ruth Ann and Joan, of the Sisters of Charity of Leavenworth. The theme for the week was gender rights, so all week we had to carry around an egg as our "child" and not have it break. Mine was named Sirus, and lasted the whole week long.

The week we spent in Cheyenne I had CI at the Boys and Girls club of America. There we painted some murals on the walls to brighten the place up, I worked on a Western mural, and there was another group in the kitchen working on a map of the world with food in the different continents. Chihiro from Japan hand drew the map of the world, and I think that she is an amazing artist, in the picture she is in the center.

For Regional Learning day we went to a rodeo practice at the local college, I got to try goat tying, cow roping, and bull riding (on a fake practice bull of course, the roping was on a dummy too).

Also in Cheyenne we had a sold out show, and Kelly's family, from Winston Salem, came to see the show. Next we're off to South Dakota to Aberdeen. But on the way we stopped at Mount Rushmore, you can see a picture of me and it as my new profile picture.

No comments: