Monday, November 17, 2008

North Platte... and Philippines

After my week in Sioux falls, where we had a sold out show with over 2000 people at it, we traveled to North Platte NE, Where I was roomed with Riikka from Finland at the Mckinzie's house. I had an amazing week, from all thier animals(three dogs and a bird), to the "Show Me" on Saturday.
My host family were real pet lovers this past week, with two little miniature Daschaunds, and a yellow lab as well as a Cockatail. The Cockatail was a stray that they brought in a year and a half ago, and he was never fully adjusted to being around humans again, so most nights this week I took him out and worked with him, and by the end of the week I could hold him without wearing gloves and have him switch fingers without biting me. My host family was surprised, and are going to take him out more now, so he'll have a better life. Also this week I had a chance to volunteer at the local animal shelter, where I cleaned out the dog pins, then was able to play with the dogs. I especially loved one dog named Sam, and was overjoyed to find out that she had been accepted by a dog rescue organization and was in no danger of euthanization.
This week we had two sold out shows, and the morning of the second show day we had a "Show Me", a chance to perform whatever you've been practicing in the show in front of the cast and show team. I performed the Moraccan song, "Heya Gat Aleya" and did really well. I'm waiting to see if I'll get the part in the next show, but I'm hopeful that I will. I'm now in the Denver Airport, where my flight to LAX leaves at 11:00. After an eight hour layover in LAX we have a thirteen hour flight to the Philippines, where we are thirteen hours ahead of Eastern Standard Time. I'll update when I can find internet in the Philippines, and I cannot believe that in just four short weeks I'll be back at home.

No comments: